Jr. Gulls, Lions among first programs to join brand-new Jr. NWHL
The San Diego Jr. Gulls and LA Lions are providing more proof that girls hockey is alive and not only well, but booming across California.
Both programs recently joined the Jr. NWHL, the official youth affiliate program of the National Women’s Hockey League (NWHL).
According to the NWHL website, “By connecting the NWHL with community hockey programs, we strive to continue the growth of hockey at all age levels. Boys and girls youth hockey clubs across the nation are welcome to become affiliates free of charge.”
Benefits of the Jr. NWHL include:
• Free Jr. NWHL jersey patch for all players within the organization
• Exclusive opportunities to skate pre-game, post-game and during intermission of NWHL games
• Have your organization honored at your local NWHL venue where your uniform will hang and be displayed
• Have your organization’s name, logo and a link to your site on the official NWHL website (nwhl.zone)
• Exclusive ability to nominate an honorary captain that will be introduced with the home team’s starting lineup
• Opportunity to be recognized as the “Club of the Month” and have a picture of the team/organization on the NWHL site
• Three months free of sportsrecruits.com – “Built by former college athletes to empower student-athletes to pursue their dreams of playing collegiate sports.”
• Discounted access for youth hockey administrators to utilize LeagueApps software for registration, payment collection and communication tools
— Matt Mackinder
(Sept. 17, 2018)