Wave, Lady Ducks alum Dunbar named Hockey East Rookie of the Week
University of New Hampshire freshman forward Nicole Dunbar was named Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week by Hockey East, for the week ending Dec. 4.
It is the first collegiate accolade for the Coto de Caza native and graduate of the California Wave and Anaheim Lady Ducks programs.
Dunbar: Rookie of the Week Profile
1. Dunbar scored a goal in both games of last weekend’s home-and-home series against Merrimack College to help UNH earn a sweep of the Warriors that extended the Wildcats’ unbeaten streak to four games (3-0-1).
2. Dunbar now has a three-game goal streak, which is the longest by a Wildcat since October 2015 (Jonna Curtis, three games).
3. In last Friday’s 5-2 win at Lawler Rink, Dunbar’s second-period goal broke a 1-1 tie and put UNH ahead to stay.
4. Then on Saturday in Durham, her power-play goal in the second period gave UNH a 3-1 lead and proved to be the game-winning goal in a 4-2 victory.
5. In the two games, Dunbar tallied five shots and a +1 rating.
6. The three-game goal streak is the longest by a Wildcat since October 2014 (Jonna Curtis, three games).
Dunbar: Season Profile
1. Dunbar has six points (3g, 3a) through 19 games.
2. All six of her points have come in 13 Hockey East league games.
3. Dunbar recorded her first career points with an assist vs. Merrimack on Oct. 15.
4. She recorded her first career multiple-point game Nov. 20 against Providence College with a goal and an assist.